Dogs, in most cases, are a part of the family, and all family members want the best for them. It includes getting the right surface for them to play on. But keep in mind that all surfaces are not conducive to the well-being and health of your dog. Having natural grass brings in toxins, insects, poisonous weeds, and pollens that can be harmful to your dogs. Due to this, several dog owners are happy with having artificial turf rather than opting for a natural one. Here are some of the best reasons for having artificial turf as a dog-friendly entity.
- Artificial grass is better: Artificial grass is a better alternative for dogs in many ways. For example, artificial grass means you are not required to worry about the dog eating all the natural grass. Artificial grass is also safe for dogs as they might otherwise get sick by eating the natural grass that is treated with pesticides and fertilizers. The artificial grass does not need these chemicals and, as a result, is safer for pets. The synthetic turf also means fewer skin problems and infections for the dog. There is also less risk of the dog getting injured.
- It is easier to clean dog poop and urine off the artificial turf: The dogs can potty on the synthetic turf the same way as on natural grass. The difference is that it is easier to clear the waste off the artificial turf. You can just pick up and throw away the solid waste, and all the residues can be rinsed away by using water. Just use a mild soap for cleaning the area later. Dog urine does not affect the artificial grass material in any way and does not leave a puddle that will breed all kinds of mold and bacteria.
- Most dogs like artificial turf: In most cases, the dogs love the artificial turf. They cannot tell the difference between synthetic and real grass. They are just aware that the synthetic grass feels wonderful and soft on their paws. It is also perfect for running around and playing fetch. The dog will notice that their favorite human has more time to play and hang out with them. This is possible because they do not have to waste time on watering, mowing, and weeding the grass. They will also need fewer baths.
- Less damage to the area: A high-quality synthetic grass area usually lasts for 10 to 20 years. There is no need to replace them immediately. The dog can’t damage the artificial grass. The polyethylene grass blades can withstand rough use, and they will not wear down or get deformed by dogs playing and doing zoomies on it. They can’t dig through the artificial turf material, either.
- Easy maintenance: Maintaining the artificial grass does not require as much effort as the natural grass. There is no need to water it, mow it, and fertilize it. All you need to do is sweep off all the debris and leaves and provide a good rinse to it from time to time. Although the artificial turn costs a bit more, it pays off in maintenance. You can save a lot of money on water and other yard maintenance costs.
The actual cost of the artificial turf relies on many specifics, such as the volume of material needed, the size of the yard, the types of artificial turf, and the complexity of its design. If you live in the Tampa Bay area, you can reach out to Turf Pro Synthetics for a high-quality installation. They can also customize the artificial turf for your requirements.
Picture Credit: iStock