For many people, their backyard is the place to relax in the otherwise busy neighborhood. It is a place to retreat after a stressful day at work. But a tidy room is a tidy mind and this holds true for your backyard also. If your backyard is cluttered with weed, trash, and dead leaves you are not going to wish to spend too much time in the place. Here are some easy steps for cleaning the backyard and make it healthy again so that you can unwind in the place.
1. Be prepared: Firstly, you must be prepared for cleaning the backyard and get stuck into landscape maintenance. Take some time out from your day preferably from the weekend, Ensure that you have sufficient time on your hand so that you are not in a hurry to complete the job. There is no need to make cleaning the backyard a stressful activity. Remember to put on your headphones with your favorite music for additional motivation. Ensure that you have a lot of water at hand, gardening gloves, appropriate clothing, sunscreens, and towels for cleaning up yourself.
2. Clean the garden shed and clear the area: The first step is cleaning up the garden shed and emptying it totally. If there is grass in the garden there is a chance that it has overgrown. So, clear the area and ensure that it is ready for mowing. Place cleaning liquids at hand in the garden shed for use at all times when urgently required. Remove all the debris and waste lying around. You can use a leaf blower to collect the leaves in a pile. These can be used later for compost.
3. Take out the weed: Now it’s the time to get rid of the weed. The best way of doing it is by using the weed trimmer. This will pull the weed from their roots and will make sure that they don’t grow back soon. You can do this by hand if there isn’t too much weed in your backyard but make sure that you are wearing protective gloves while doing this. Another option is buying weed killer and use it on the weed in the yard. This will ensure that weed doesn’t grow back altogether. However, ensure that you do not kill any flowers or plants in the garden while doing this.
4. Mowing the lawn: Finally, it is time to do the main thing. Mow the lawn. Take out the mower and provide quick service to it before use, especially if it hasn’t been used in while. Ensure that the mower blades are sharp otherwise it will become a tough job. Adjust the cut to a proper height. Experts opine that you should never cut more than 1/3rd of your grass at one time. Add the trimming to the pile of compost.
5. Compost: After following these steps you will collect a big pile of compost. Create a compost pit in one of the corners of the garden. Add all the compost from the pile in this pit and add water to it and add some fertilizer to it. This can soon be used as compost for your garden.
Although these are relatively simple steps to follow you may have to hire a professional for cleaning the backyard due to lack of time at hand or due to other reasons. For those living near the Tampa, FL area, contact Turf Pro Synthetics as they can offer a synthetic turf installation in your backyard as an excellent alternative to your backyard turf.